Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Before I Became Governor, I Was A Rich Man But Getting Into Government, I Became Poor” – Makinde

 

Before I Became Governor, I Was A Rich Man But Getting Into Government, I Became Poor” – Makinde




 

Makinde said even as a governor, he earns N650,000 as salary which has made him become a poor man.


 

“For me, any opportunity to give back and encourage you, I will do just that. We are not opposed to giving opportunities to our youngsters. So, you should look forward to more opportunities coming your way.

 

“I have listened to your demands and I will go through them to be sure we have everything covered. I think the one, which seems to be very common is the Aluta buses. I believe it has been ordered. It is not going to be for just the 17 institutions but also for the zonal bodies.



“You also spoke about bursaries and scholarships but we will keep trying our best. I know that Law students must go to law school and the fees are quite high, and it is just one year that can make or mar them. So, we will continue to give our law students priority.

 

“Before I became the governor, I was a rich man but getting into government, I became poor. This is because my salary even as a governor is N650,000.


“So, that is why I have not been giving out anything personally. But I think, by popular demand, I will reinstate ‘Omituntun Bursary and Scholarship.’

 

“On behalf of the government also, we will see what can be done to ensure that others also benefit one way or the other,” the governor added.

 

He equally promised to allocate a land to the Federation of Oyo State Students Union (FOSSU) for its Secretariat and also make a personal donation towards the building project.
He noted that he was already looking forward to working with the students to deliver greater results for the uplift of the state, saying: “I look forward to working together with you to deliver Omituntun 2.0 and correct wherever we have made some mistakes in Omituntun 1.0.”



 

No comments:

Post a Comment